Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"When You Thought I Was Not Looking"


“When You Thought I Was Not Looking”

As Parents, we often become so absorbed in day-to-day activities that we forget little eyes are watching and little ears are listening.  I offer this writing as an encouragement that the simple, often mundane activities of life can influence a young life forever.  Take time for the small things!



When you thought I wasn’t looking, you hung my first painting on the refrigerator, and I wanted to paint another.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, you fed a stray cat, and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, you decorated a birthday cake just for me, and I knew that little things were special things.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, you faithfully prayed, and I believed there is a God Who would always hear me.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, you was so faithful to work around the house and do all the things no one else would do, and I knew you was my mother.

When You thought I wasn’t looking, you read your Bible each day, and I knew God’s Word was important.

Thank God for MOTHERS

Dedicated to the late Mildred McCulley and my wife Debra McCulley

2 comments: